The customer is a multi-national construction management company serving many of the largest Oil and Gas companies in world. They have business locations that are completely “off the grid” for power, data communications, telephone or cellular which are a requirement for safety, emergency, and commercial contact to the outside world.
This construction management customer required two primary abilities before they were able to commence with construction at their customers’ location. First, they required a “Safety Department” sign off which showed they could call out in case of emergency,
Secondly, they required that employees and managers have cellular phones that functioned in a territory without cellular towers. AT&T, in conjunction with Squire Tech Solutions, designed a complete mobile cellular tower which provides for emergency communications as well and day to day operational internet and data access over satellite.
The core of the AT&T ARMZ system is ARMZ Radios which allow for 14 concurrent calls per radio. These units work in conjunction with the AT&T cellular network once they are routed over the Squire Tech Solutions 5 Mbps x 1.5 Mbps satellite Internet network.
The key system components are designed to be remotely serviceable via any high quality IP connection. The AT&T ARMZ package was a natural fit to enhance the pCom® and target customers with remote site and emergency cellular needs.
Mobile flyaway and vehicle park-and- use is designed for the needs of first responders and critical infrastructure customers, but is available to both government and enterprise customers.
- Entire System deployable in less than 10 minutes.
- AT&T Cellular Phones to function without requiring handset changes.
- Broadband data for public Internet access.
- Private data for secure link back to company and customer headquarters.
- Secure Long Range Wi-Fi capabilities for the construction site employees and subcontractor access.
- Dual axle trailer capable of being pulled by any standard tow vehicle.
- On board clean diesel power generation for internal and external systems.
- Large fuel tank for long run times.
- 30’ pneumatic tower for cellular antenna, scene lighting, Wi-Fi and security cameras.
- Environmentally controlled electronics enclosures with communication racks (42 RU for servers,
- DVR’s, switches, AT&T ARMZ equipment, and VSAT Satellite).
- Large storage area for critical equipment and accessories including handsets, batteries, and
- other operational and safety tools.
- Secure cabling infrastructure for Satellite, Cellular, and IT networking.
AT&T ARMZ Solution Features:
- “Instant on” – using VSAT (typically in under 5 minutes)
- Operates using AT&T licensed spectrum; any current AT&T phone can work.
- Network white-list capability restricts general public access to only those who are registered.
- Each picocell can support up to two radios for up to 28 concurrent calls.
- Mobile zone deployments require little involvement from AT&T and little effort by the customer once initially set up.
- Cellular coverage area up to ½ mile radius
When we needed service quickly for Haiti disaster response, Squire Tech stepped up BIG TIME.
Market: Remote Field Safety and Commercial Communications
Customer: Oil Field Construction Management
pCom® XL Trailer by: Squire Tech Solutions, LLC
Technical Brief Squire Tech Solutions pCom® XL with AT&T Remote Mobility Zone Solution. Stay Connected to Critical Communications in Disaster and Areas with No Wireless Coverage.
AT&T ARMZ pCom® XL Solution: This construction management customer required two primary abilities before they were able to commence with construction at their customers’ location. First, they required a “Safety Department” sign off which showed they could call out in case of emergency. Secondly, they required that employees and managers have cellular phones that functioned in a territory without cellular towers.
Squire Tech Solutions pCom®XL: The pCom® XL is a mission critical mobile powered communications trailer developed and manufactured by Squire Tech Solutions LLC. Its substructure is a mid-duty dual axle trailer designed for critical deployments in extreme environments.